lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From DHIVYA M <>
Subject Re: How to find the fields that are indexed?
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:12:34 GMT
That was a good solution to my problem and i found my fields for the document.
Acutally i was trying it to find out how to implement autosuggest with lucene.
Can you suggest me an idea of how to use autosuggest wih lucene.
Thanks in advance,

--- On Mon, 23/11/09, Ian Lea <> wrote:

From: Ian Lea <>
Subject: Re: How to find the fields that are indexed?
Date: Monday, 23 November, 2009, 10:08 AM

Lucene will index and store the fields that you tell it to when a
document is written to the index.

In lucene 2.4 doc.getFields() returns a List of all the fields in a
document and probably in 2.3.2 as well.  See the javadoc.  That will
tell you the fields that have been stored but I think not necessarily
those that have been indexed i.e. made searchable.

Luke can tell you pretty much everything about an index.

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 9:42 AM, DHIVYA M <> wrote:
> Sir,
> Am using lucene 2.3.2. I would like to know what are the fields that are been indexed?
> Ex:
> doc.get("path");
> this statement returns the path of the document
> like "path" what are the other fields of the document used by lucene
> I went through converting all the class files to java files and read all the files. But
i got confused with the things available in cluster.
> So, Can anyone tell me how to find it out?
> Thanks in advance,
> Dhivya

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: