lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shashi Kant <sk...@sloan.mit.edu>
Subject Re: Is Lucene a good choice for PB scale mailbox search?
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 03:59:03 GMT
Hi, I have not worked on a petascale (yet!) - mostly on the scale of tens of
terabyes - but I do think Lucene would be very helpful for such usecase. I
would indeed suggest partitioning the index by users (seems the most
logical., straightforward way, also offers the security of insulating one
user's emails from others.

Take a look at Compass and Solr (based on Lucene) and they might be more
oriented to your needs.

HTH,
Shashi