lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jake Mannix <jake.man...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Term Boost Threshold
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 22:29:36 GMT
Did I do that wrong?  I always mess up the AND/OR human-readable form
of this - it's clearer when you use +/- unary operators instead:

query: "San Francisco" "California" +("John Smith" "John Smith
Manufacturing")

Here the San Fran and CA clauses are optional, and the ("John Smith" OR
"John Smith Manufacturing") is required.

  -jake