lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jake Mannix <jake.man...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Facets
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 19:07:34 GMT
If you need faceting on top of Lucene and you're not using Solr, Bobo-browse
( http://bobo-browse.googlecode.com ) is a high-performance open source
faceting library which may suit your needs.  You're asking for "all facet
values", which in bobo isn't terribly hard to get: because of the way bobo
keeps the facet counts, it already has all of the counts in memory for all
the unique values once you've run the query with faceting turned on, and
it's just a question of returning them.

How big is your index, and how many unique values for this field?

  -jake