lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Rafal Janik <rafal.ja...@softwaremind.pl>
Subject RamDirectory and FS at the same moment
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 06:51:23 GMT
Hi all!
i've just started my adventure with Lucene i've got one question
regarding indexing.
Does Lucene have got built-in mechanism to store indexes first in RAM
and after some time or after some number of documents added to move them
to FS? And searching docs all the time in both  'storages' ?
I know the one reason is to use RAMDirectory  and FS and move the
indexes 'by hand' but to do it i need two IndexWriters and two
indexSearchers so  i have to  join results. Is there any better way to
do it?

rafal