lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Renaud Delbru <renaud.del...@deri.org>
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 17:29:20 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to modify the indexing chain of Lucene. To start, I have
extracted and modified the default indexing chain. I have just removed
the TermVectorsTermsWriter from the chain, i.e., I instantiate a
TermHash with a null 'nextTermsHash'. So, in the chain, my inverted doc
consumer looks like:

   final InvertedDocConsumer termsHash = new TermsHash(documentsWriter,
true, freqProxWriter, null);

 From looking at the code of TermsHash, it looks like you can pass a
null value as 'nextTermsHash' parameter. However, I got a NPE during the
TermsHashPerThread initialisation (line 48, primaryPerThread is null).

Is it a normal behavior ? Do TermHash is always waiting for a non null
'nextTermsHash' by design ?

Thanks
--
Renaud Delbru