lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Taylor <paul_t...@fastmail.fm>
Subject How do you map a query for fieldx to fieldy
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 22:48:53 GMT
For backwards compatabiity I have to change queries for the track field
to the recording field. I did this by overriding  QueryParser.newQuery()
as follows

protected Query newTermQuery(Term term) {
        if ( term.field() == "track" ) {
            return super.newTermQuery(new Term("recording"term.text()));
        }
        else {
            return super.newTermQuery(term);
        }
    }

this seemed to work, but then I realised it didnt work for phrasequeries
so I have to override QueryParser.newPhraseQuery() but now thinking will
fail for wilcard queries ectera. Is there just one method I can override
to deal with this.

Paul