lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Max Lynch <ihas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: best way to ensure IndexWriter won't corrupt the index?
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:37:39 GMT
On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Ian Lea <ian.lea@gmail.com> wrote:

> > What are the typical scenarios when the index will go corrupt?
>
> Dodgy disks.

I also have had index corruption on two occasions.  It is not a big deal for
me since my data is fairly real time so the old documents aren't as
important.

However, I'm running this on a VPS with slicehost, so whether or not they
use dodgy disks is not something I can confirm or even deal with.

I do need to upgrade to 2.9 from 2.4, but I think one of the reasons for my
index corruption is deleting the index.write file rather than removing the
lock through the Lucene APIs.  This seems like it could be a cause of
corruption, correct?