lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Max Lynch <ihas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Term Boost Threshold
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 22:24:37 GMT
>   You want a query like
>
> ("San Francisco" OR "California") AND ("John Smith" OR "John Smith
> Manufacturing")

Won't his require San Francisco or California to be present?  I do not
require them to be, I only require "John Smith" OR "John Smith
Manufacturing", but I want to get a bigger score if the city and state are
mentioned a long with it, so that's why I was thinking of doing different
term boostings.  The most important term is the name, and then the company,
and then the city and then the state.  Finding each one increases the
quality of the result for me.

Thanks.

-max