lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with a "." for searching Lucene 2.4.0
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 18:11:06 GMT
The first question for this is always "what analyzers do you use at index
AND
query time?".

I'd do two things immediately. First, what does query.toString() show you
the query parses
to? StandardAnalyzer does some "interesting" things with periods. Also, you
have a hyphen
(-) in your query which is an operator.... You may be getting a query very
different than you expect.

Second, if you haven't already gotten a copy of Luke, please do so. It'll
both allow
you to investigate your index to see what's *actually* in there and see what
various queries turn into when fed through various analyzers.....

Best
Erick