lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unexpected results searching for phrase with stop words
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 20:15:46 GMT
Yes, you're doing something wrong <G>. What, you may ask?
Well, it's kind of hard to say without knowing what analyzers
you use at index AND query time and what the query you're
submitting looks like...

But the very first thing I'd try is to get a copy of Luke and peek at your
index to see if what you *think* is in there actually is.

Then, I'd run some queries through Luke (you can choose various
analyzers) and see what the query looks like after it's parsed.

In parallel, try query.toString() to see what the parsed query looks like,
it
might surprise you.

Best
Erick