lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: addIndexesNoOptimize on shards --> is docid deterministic and calculable?
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 15:10:12 GMT
Hmmmm, why do you care? That is, what is it you're trying to do
that makes this question necessary? There might be a better
solution than trying to depend on doc IDs.

Because I don't think you can assume that, even if it is deterministic
with the version you're using now that it would be in some other version,
Lucene makes no promises here.

All the advice I've ever seen says that if you want to keep track of
documents, you assign and index your own ID. You can get the
doc ID from your unique term quite efficiently if you need to.

HTH
Erick