lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Bennett <mbenn...@ideaeng.com>
Subject Re: Questions about SEN patch submissions
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2009 23:05:37 GMT
I have emailed one of the authors.  I have also asked about the other
authors and the other packages you mentioned.

What is the procedure for him, assuming he agrees?  Does he have to sign
physical paper, or can this be done electronically?

Also, I suspect he doesn't reside in the US, I don't know what ramifications
it has.  I'm trying to minimize the "hassle" factor for him.

--
Mark Bennett / New Idea Engineering, Inc. / mbennett@ideaeng.com
Direct: 408-733-0387 / Main: 866-IDEA-ENG / Cell: 408-829-6513

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:

> if he is ok with it i think we need to setup a software grant, etc
>
> in my opinion though, this would be a great thing feature to have in
> lucene.
> (we have similar support for chinese now, but no japanese)
>
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Mark Bennett <mbennett@ideaeng.com> wrote:
>
> > I'll ask the author.
> >
> > --
> > Mark Bennett / New Idea Engineering, Inc. / mbennett@ideaeng.com
> > Direct: 408-733-0387 / Main: 866-IDEA-ENG / Cell: 408-829-6513
> >

> > On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Mark,
> > >
> > > I think apache 2.0 would be easiest. But I think BSD also works.
> > > Its a little strange Sen is LGPL when the underlying dictionaries,
> > chasen,
> > > mecab (what it was ported from), all BSD/bsd-like.
> > > or they are multi-licensed with BSD being one of them.
> > >
> > > I also agree and hear you about how the glue code is broken, but in my
> > > opinion if the sen + glue code could be imported into lucene
> > > under one package, it would be easiest to maintain. this way it
> wouldn't
> > > become broken again.

> very

> > see