lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From sameerpatil <>
Subject Linking Fields to Documents possible?
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:06:06 GMT

  I have a requirement where I have a list of Suppliers(documents for lucene
index) and a list of Products(documents again). Each Product has a supplier.
e.g. :
Product -> RouterX, Supplier -> DLink, Netgear
Product -> RouterY, Supplier -> Cisco

If I search for Cisco, RouterY should show up. If I implement the supplier
as a Field in the Document - Router, I will have to update all the Products
if the name of a Supplier changes.

Can I not just link the field - supplier in Product to the Supplier somehow
rather than duplicating ??

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message