lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From it99 <deswiatlow...@syrres.com>
Subject best way to iterate through all docs from a query
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:36:46 GMT

What is the best way to iterate across all the documents in a search results?
Previously I was using the deprecated Hits object but changed the
implentations as recommended in javadocs to ScoreDoc.

I've tried the following but I've seen warning about peformance.
Seems the first time I query something it takes long time and then after
that it is quick.

                for (int i = 0; i < mNumberOfHits; i++)
                {

                    int docId = hits[i].doc;
                    Document doc = searcher.doc(docId);
                }

Here's the code for the search
What is good number to pass intot TopDocCollector?

            TopDocCollector collector = new TopDocCollector(1000000);
            searcher.search(query, collector);
            ScoreDoc[] hits = collector.topDocs().scoreDocs;