lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From it99 <deswiatlow...@syrres.com>
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 16:33:13 GMT

If I use an IndexWriter and set the RAMBufferSizeMB to 16(default) or lower
the memory is freed as expected and the memory of the process will level off
to a nice level. If I set it higher  than 16 the memory does NOT look like
it gets freed and the process continually leaks memory. Is there anything I
need to do or is this a bug?

                IndexWriter iw = new IndexWriter(mission.getBaseDir(),
                                             new StandardAnalyzer(),
                                             true);
                iw.setRAMBufferSizeMB(32); //need a good way to determine
how to set this
                iw.setUseCompoundFile(false);

               //  looping ...
               iw.addDocument(doc);