lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Wistow <>
Subject Unexpected results searching for phrase with stop words
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 20:00:22 GMT
I have a document with the title "Here, there be dragons" and a body.

When I search for

Here, there be dragons
(no quotes)

with a title boost of 2.0 and a body boost of 0.8

I get the document as the first hit which is what I'd expect.

However, if change the query to

"Here, there be dragons"
(with quotes)

then I don't get the document at all. Which is not what I'd expect.

I've tried modifying the phrase slop but still don't get any results

Am I doing something wrong? I suspect it's something to do with the
number of stop words in the query. Do I have to have an untokenized copy
of the title field lying around to search on?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message