lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: Questions about SEN patch submissions
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 00:58:18 GMT
On Mon, Nov 09, 2009 at 07:30:40PM -0500, Robert Muir wrote:
> Marvin, in this case its the same folks:
> https://sen.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=755&expandFolder=755&folderID=0
> ... dunno if that matters

Not much -- my example still stands.  We still can't distribute code of theirs
licensed under LGPL, but we could distribute any Apache-licensed code of
theirs.

The only thing that changes is that if they're the sole authors, they can slap
whatever license they want on the original library.  Things get complicated if
they've ever accepted patches from anyone, though -- since then they have to
get permission from all contributors for relicensing.

Marvin Humphrey