lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: autosuggest - in the sense of autocomplete
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:14:08 GMT
If you just want to autocomplete the current term the user enters,
initialize a TermEnum with the current entered term fragment. If you then
iterate through the termenum, you get all terms that exist in the index
*after* that term (in unicode codepoint order). Stop iterating, when the
term does not any more starts with the prefix the user has given. This is
the simpliest autocomplete you can think of. All other types like presenting
related terms needs a separate index or some other database/structure.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de