lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From DHIVYA M <dhivyakrishna...@yahoo.com>
Subject Need help regarding implementation of autosuggest using jquery
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 07:05:43 GMT
Hi all,

Am using lucene 2.3.2 as a search engine in my e-paper site. So that i want the user to search
the news. I achieved that objective but now am trying to implement autosuggest so that user
can pick a choice from the drop down and no need of typing in the entire sentence or so.

I have download Jquery for this purpose and am trying to implement it.
The collections of data to refer for the suggestion is given in an arraylist or jus with in
a string.

But for my application, i need to populate the suggestions with the indexed words available
in the index file created during indexing operation.

Can anyone give an idea to read the contents from the index file and make it available as
suggestions? or anyother idea to achieve this objective?

Thanks in advance,
Dhivya