lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Plater" <jpla...@healthmarketscience.com>
Subject RE: Edit distance and wildcard searching with PhraseQuery
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 23:41:34 GMT
Thanks - I tried it out and it seems to work for "Philadelphid~0.75 PA" but I can't get it
working for "Phil* PA" yet.  Perhaps it is an issue with my Analyzer (I am using WhitespaceAnalyzer)?.
 Have you used it with wildcard before?

-Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: AHMET ARSLAN [mailto:iorixxx@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 5:55 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Edit distance and wildcard searching with PhraseQuery

What you are looking for is ComplexPhraseQueryParser [1] and implemented in Lucene 2.9.0.
It uses SpanQuery family.
It supports "Phil* PA"~10 as well as "Philadelphid~0.75 PA".
Ranges, OR, fuzzy and wildcard inside proximity (phrases).

[1] http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_9_0/api/contrib-misc/org/apache/lucene/queryParser/complexPhrase/package-summary.html

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1486