lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ganesh" <emailg...@yahoo.co.in>
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 11:54:42 GMT
Hello all,

I am using Lucene 2.4.1 and My app is running inside Tomcat.

In Windows, after database optimization, the old db files are not getting deleted. I enabled
the info stream and found the below entries. I used ProcessExplorer from SysInternals to view
the lock file, but old db files are not locked by any process. Even rename of those files
are successful. If i stop the tomcat, old db files are deleted. I could see only the optimized
segment files.  The same code works fine in Linux. I am facing this issue in Windows XP and
2003.

IFD [FLUSH]: IndexFileDeleter: unable to remove file "_0.frq": java.io.IOException: Cannot
delete <FolderName>\_0.frq>; Will re-try later.
IFD [FLUSH]: delete "_0.prx"
IFD [FLUSH]: IndexFileDeleter: unable to remove file "_0.prx": java.io.IOException: Cannot
delete <FolderName>\_0.prx; Will re-try later.
IFD [FLUSH]: delete "_0.tis"
IFD [FLUSH]: IndexFileDeleter: unable to remove file "_0.tis": java.io.IOException: Cannot
delete <FolderName>\_0.tis; Will re-try later.

Regards
Ganesh