lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ganesh" <emailg...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: UpdateDocument failed
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 08:42:06 GMT
Thanks Ian. There are some issues with my code.

I am using almost 40 fields only two fields, requires update one will be updated by background
thread and other by the User. I am using Lucene as my database. I am reopening reader at constant
interval. The problem is when background thread and the User updates the same record in the
same interval, then i am loosing one update.

Is there any way to resolve this issue using Lucene. I don't think 2.9 supports payload per
document, which could be updated independently to the document.

Regards
Ganesh

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian Lea" <ian.lea@gmail.com>
To: <java-user@lucene.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 5:24 PM
Subject: Re: UpdateDocument failed

In my experience the most frequent cause is not getting an exact match
on terms.  Are you sure that you have an exact match i.e. you're not
analyzing "MyUniqueId" to "myuniqueid"?

How are you determining that the call was successful?  You could try
running a query first to verify that a doc you think should be present
is really there.  Any exceptions being missed anywhere?  All writers
closed when they should be?  No index corruptions (CheckIndex)?

--
Ian.

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Ganesh <emailgane@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Any leads in this issue would be greatly helpful.
>
> My logs shows me the updateDocument call was successful but the status of the document
was not updated. Using Luke, I could see the same document (before update) is added at the
end. Its document Id shows it as last record but it was inserted and updated quite in the
middle. I am not able to get the scenario.

> Regards
> Ganesh

interval, I am reopening the index and warming it. I am having multiple thread, all are sharing
a single writer and reader. Commit and reopening the reader is done in separate thread at
regular interval.

> In one of production server, I could see the updates are getting failed for some records.
When i copy the same data and run it in my end, updates are doing fine. In production system,
Even If i do a reindex, sometimes all the updates are successful and sometimes not. Its highly
unpredictable. All my documents have a unique id and using that updates are done.

> I require some information what are the criteria to be taken care while doing UpdateDocument?
Is there any limitation of not to update while doing commit?