lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ganesh" <emailg...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject API changes in 2.9
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 08:47:04 GMT
Hello all,

I am planning to upgrade from 2.4.1 to 2.9.1. I could see some API changes and older APIs
are deprecated. In 2.4, I use 'NumberTools' class to convert long to String and now this API
is deprecated. I think i have to use 'NumericField' or 'NumericUtils', but in both the class
there is a note "NOTE: This API is experimental and might change in incompatible ways in the
next release. "

Shall I go ahead and update the API or use the older one till 3.0?

This red note is added to couple of other placeses. Shall we go ahead and use these API or
wait for 3.0?

Regards
Ganesh