lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>
Subject Re: Realtime search best practices
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 20:57:19 GMT
On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Jake Mannix <jake.mannix@gmail.com> wrote:
>  It may be surprising, but in fact I have read that
> javadoc.

It was not your email I responded to.

>  It talks about not needing to close the
> writer, but doesn't specifically talk about the what
> the relationship between commit() calls and
> getReader() calls is.

Do you have a suggestion of how to update the JavaDoc?
I'm not sure I understand the relationship between commit and
getReader that you refer to.

> , but why
> is it so obvious that what could be happening
> is that it only "returns all changes since the last
> commit, but without touching disk because it
> has docs in memory as well"?

Sorry, this seems confusing - I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
Perhaps we should approach this as proposed javadoc changes?

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com