lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From s rajan <s.raja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SearchFiles demo fails with exception while IndexFiles works
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 05:04:36 GMT
Mike, thanks for that URL, I saw a similar issue being discussed on
stackoverflow.

I am doing an external ant build and trying to debug through eclipse. For
some reason eclipse is failing to import the ant build file as a project so
i use a debug configuration and build externally.

I now have the problem solved by a clean build but my hunch is that the jar
had 1.4 and 1.6 object files -for a brief period I had a few sources build
via eclipse and it had a jdk1.4 as its setting.
I still have the 'bad' jar but have not investigated further - the only
thing I can think of is object file mismatch.
It beats me why the loader flags compilation error or perhaps does it means
JIT compilation?  I think there is an issue here in that the jar creation
should have failed or the loader should have reported a version mismatch.