lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: XorReader?
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 18:00:58 GMT

: I'm thinking a decorator with deletions on top of the original reader, merged
: with the clone reader using a MultiReader. But this would still require a new

you don't really mean a clone do you? ... you should just need a very
small index containing the new versions of the docs, in a MultiReader with
another reader that wraps the orriginal but overlays some deleted docs
metadata.

: So far I haven't done anything but considering wether it's doable or not.

it sounds feasible .. but the real question is how many users you'll be
dealing with.  if it's a really small number you might be better off just
haveing one complete index per user, if it's really big then the number of
indexes you're managing could get problematic.

-Hoss