lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: document diversity
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 20:59:56 GMT
Just as you can add a query that will boost better things with a
higher quality, you can add a query for a higher revenue.

Basically, the default operator "should" in boolean-clauses can be
used exactly for that: do not force this query to be matched but raise
boost if there's something that matches.

The translation of the user-query, itself, is marked as "must" (and
inside this one is orred in all the various flavours, e.g. per
language, phonetic...).

paul