lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: is Lucene 3.0 coming soon?
Date Sat, 17 Oct 2009 12:48:42 GMT
We do not need any 1.6 language features for Lucene (we do not use
annotations at all).

And: The current 1.6 JVM has still lots of bugs, so e.g. we use still 1.5
for all Lucene related code. The most important thing for Lucene 3.0 are
things like StringBuilder and Generics, which is all covered by 1.5.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de