lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Hrishikesh Agashe <hrishikesh_aga...@persistent.co.in>
Subject Maximum index file size
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 05:29:22 GMT

I am running Ubuntu 9.04 on 64 bit machine with NAS of 100 TB capacity. JVM is running with
2.5 GB Xmx.

Can I create an index file with very large size, like 1 TB or so? Is there any limit on how
large index file one can create? Also, will I be able to search on this 1 TB index file at
all?

TIA,

--Hrishi

DISCLAIMER