lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject XorReader?
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 19:58:36 GMT
Hi people,

I have an application in which the users are allowed to make changes
to the database, changes visible only to that user. I.e. they don't
modify the original data, they create a clone of the original. When
the user request the instance I retrieve the modified clone rather
than the original.

Now I'd like to make the user changes instantly available when
searching too. What might be a good solution to that problem?

I'm thinking a decorator with deletions on top of the original reader,
merged with the clone reader using a MultiReader. But this would still
require a new Searcher per user that added modifications to the
database. Worth mentioning is that my index is rather small, some 50
000 documents with ~15 numeric and text fields of various size and
resolution. A user would typically have made 20 changes, but could in
a few instances be several hundred or even thousands of changes.

So far I haven't done anything but considering wether it's doable or
not.

        karl