lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: How to sort and get document scores afterwards
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 16:55:42 GMT
Yeah this was a change in 2.9... but you can get the scores back, if
you do this:

      TopFieldCollector tfc = TopFieldCollector.create(sort, numHits,
fillFields,
                                                       true /*
trackDocScores */,
                                                       true /* trackMaxScore */,
                                                       false /* docsInOrder */);
      searcher.search(query, tfc);
      TopDocs results = tfc.topDocs();

Mike

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Christian Reuschling
<christian.reuschling@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> our application enables sorting the result lists according to field values,
> currently all represented as Strings (we plan to also migrate to the new
> numeric type capabilities of Lucene 2.9 at a later time)
>
> For this, the documents will be sorted e.g. according to the author, which
> works fine with the new 2.9 sort interface
>

> llSortFields.add(new SortField(strFieldName4Sorting, SortField.STRING, !bAscending));
>
> topDocs = searcher.search(wheight4Query, (Filter) null, m_iMaxTopDocs, new Sort(llSortFields.toArray(new
SortField[0])));

> for (ScoreDoc scoreDoc : m_luceneTopDocs.scoreDocs)
>   System.out.println(scoreDoc.score);  //>>>>>> NaN
>

> Nevertheless, we visualize the score of each document inside a birdeye view, to show
the relevancy of each doc according to
> the users query. But the scoreDoc.score  numbers have all the value 'NaN'.
>
> This is a new behaviour in Lucene 2.9, I think a good feature to save cpu time - but
how can we get the scores again?