lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Realtime search best practices
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 19:11:46 GMT
Just to clarify: IndexWriter.newReader returns a reader that searches
uncommitted changes as well.  Ie, you need not call IndexWriter.commit
to make the changes visible.

However, if you're opening a reader the "normal" way
(IndexReader.open) then it is necessary to first call
IndexWriter.commit.

Mike