lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: FileNotFoundException on index
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 09:44:23 GMT
You can use o.a.l.index.CheckIndex to fix the index.  It will remove
references to any segments that are missing or have problems during
testing.  First run it without -fix to see what problems there are.
Then take a backup of the index.  Then run it with -fix.  The index
will lose all docs in those segments that it removes.

Can you describe what led up to this?  Is it repeatable?

Mike