lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: How does the term infos file (.tis) works?
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 12:28:31 GMT
On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 8:21 AM, iron light <iron9light@gmail.com> wrote:

> The reason is I wanna dig deeply.

OK :)  That's fun!

> I just read the code. And found that  the index namespace (IndexWriter!) in
> so tough for me.
> Is there any document, resource or blog about the code?

In general there's no separate document detailing how Lucene's source
code works; the code itself (and its comments) is all there is.  If
you are going through the code, please add comments & post a patch and
we can improve its comments over time.  Source code is a living thing
and constantly evolving :)

But, for the index file format in particular, there is this:

    http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_9_0/fileformats.html

If you want specifically to parse the terms dict/index, you should
look at SegmentTermEnum and TermInfosReader for inspiration...

Mike