lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Results of setting LogMergePolicy "calibrateSizeByDeletes=true"
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 11:51:47 GMT
Can you turn on IndexWriter's infoStream and post the resulting output?

Enabling calibrateSizeByDeletes doesn't automatically mean that
segments with many deletes will be merged.  EG if your mergeFactor is
high relative to the number of segments you have at each level, then
no merging will take place.

As a workaround, you could call expungeDeletes.

Mike