lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Christoph Boosz <christoph.bo...@googlemail.com>
Subject faceted search performance
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:53:45 GMT
Hi,

I have a question related to faceted search. My index contains more than 1
million documents, and nearly 1 million terms. My aim is to get a DocIdSet
for each term occurring in the result of a query. I use the approach
described on
http://sujitpal.blogspot.com/2007/04/lucene-search-within-search-with.html<https://service.gmx.net/de/cgi/derefer?TYPE=3&DEST=http%3A%2F%2Fsujitpal.blogspot.com%2F2007%2F04%2Flucene-search-within-search-with.html>,
where a BitSet is built out of a QueryFilter for each term and intersected
with the BitSet representing the user query.
However, performance could be better. I guess it’s because the term filter
considers each document in the index, even if it’s not in the result. My
attempt to use a ChainedFilter, where the first filter (cached) is for the
user query, and the second one for the term (done for all terms), didn’t
speed things up, though.
Am I missing something? Is there a better way to get the DocIdSets for a
huge number of terms in a limited set of documents?

Thanks in advance!
Chris