lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jason Rutherglen <jason.rutherg...@gmail.com>
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2009 20:50:25 GMT
We have a way to merges indexes together with IW.addIndexes,
however not the opposite, split up an index with multiple
segments. I think I can simply manufacture a new segmentinfos in
a new directory, copy over the segments files from those
segments, delete the copied segments from the source, and save
the old segmentinfos less the copied segments. It seems like a
useful tool? The use case is I've reached a limit on EC2 and the
index has slowed to a crawl, so rather than reindex 80GB in two
different places, this approach would be more efficient.