lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JDBC access to a Lucene index
Date Sat, 17 Oct 2009 07:59:49 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm not aware of any, but you might get more mileage asking on java-user.

You're right, poor original choice of list from me.

java-users@, here's my question from java-dev@:

Some while ago I implemented a simple JDBC to JCR bridge [1] that
allows one to query a JCR repository from any JDBC client, most
notably various reporting tools.

Now I'm wondering if something similar already exists for a normal
Lucene index. Something that would treat your entire index as one huge
table (or perhaps a set of tables based on some document type field)
and would allow you to use simple SQL SELECTs to query data.

Any pointers would be welcome. If this hasn't already been done, would
there be interest in such a JDBC driver for Lucene?

[1] http://dev.day.com/microsling/content/blogs/main/jdbc2jcr.html

BR,

Jukka Zitting