lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Taylor <paul_t...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: Performance tips when creating a large index from database.
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 13:27:44 GMT
Glen Newton wrote:
> You might want to consider using LuSql, which is a high performance,
> multithreaded, well documented tool designed specifically for moving
> data from a JDBC database into Lucene (you didn't say if it was a
> JDBC-accessible db...)
>  http://lab.cisti-icist.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/cistilabswiki/index.php/LuSql
>
> Disclosure: I am the author of LuSql.
>
> -Glen Newton
>  http://zzzoot.blogspot.com/
>  http://lab.cisti-icist.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/cistilabswiki/index.php/Glen_Newton

Thanks Glen

I have already written all the code for sending queries to the database,
deciding what fields I want to use ectera, so I wouldn't want to redo
that to use another tool especially when you offer only a command line
interface not an api. But I
would be interested in how you use multithreading to best advantage for
this , would you care to share the basics ?

Paul