lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Taylor <>
Subject Re: Performance tips when creating a large index from database.
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 13:27:44 GMT
Glen Newton wrote:
> You might want to consider using LuSql, which is a high performance,
> multithreaded, well documented tool designed specifically for moving
> data from a JDBC database into Lucene (you didn't say if it was a
> JDBC-accessible db...)
> Disclosure: I am the author of LuSql.
> -Glen Newton

Thanks Glen

I have already written all the code for sending queries to the database,
deciding what fields I want to use ectera, so I wouldn't want to redo
that to use another tool especially when you offer only a command line
interface not an api. But I
would be interested in how you use multithreading to best advantage for
this , would you care to share the basics ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message