lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Siraj Haider <si...@jobdiva.com>
Subject Using NumericField
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2009 15:47:24 GMT
We have an index with a number field indexed as String field.  We do
range searches as well as sorting on this field.  Now we want to take
advantage of the NumericField.  The question is, will I have to re-index
all the documents or just adding a new document with NumericField will
be enough to convert the field type?  If a re-index is needed, is there
a way to re-index just one field in a document instead of re-indexing
the whole document?

thanks

This electronic mail message and any attachments may contain information which is privileged,
sensitive and/or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. The information is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named as the addressee above. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution
(electronic or otherwise) or forwarding of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, the
contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic
transmission in error, please notify us by telephone, facsimile, or e-mail as noted above
to arrange for the return of any electronic mail or attachments. Thank You.