lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ivan Vasilev <>
Subject is Lucene 3.0 coming soon?
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 09:59:28 GMT
Hi Lucene Guys,

I am interested what is your plan date for releasing Lucene 3.0.
I am asking because seeing on the changes in Lucene 2.9 (especially
changes in backward compatibility) I guess that it will be difficult for
us to adopt our app to Lucene 2.9. I see in your Jira there are not many
issues planned for 3.0, but there are still some new deprecations
removing. There also could come some bug fixes to 2.9. So if you plan to
release 3.0 in some (3-4) months we prefer to adopt our app directly to 3.0.

Another question about your plans about changes in file structure.
According to your backwards-compatibility policy Lucene 3.0 could be not
able to read indexes created from Lucene 1.X. Will it be really so with 3.0?

Best Regards,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message