lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Siraj Haider <si...@jobdiva.com>
Subject Using Numeric Field
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 20:46:40 GMT
Hi,
I have a Date field in my Lucene index that is currently stored as a
String field with format: YYYYMMDDHHMISS.  I perform RangeFilter on it
when searching and also sort the results specifying it as a String
field.  My question is, will converting it to a Numeric field and start
using NumericRangeFilter and sorting based on numeric field will give me
some performance gain? or will it be insignificant?

thanks
-siraj

This electronic mail message and any attachments may contain information which is privileged,
sensitive and/or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. The information is
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named as the addressee above. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution
(electronic or otherwise) or forwarding of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, the
contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic
transmission in error, please notify us by telephone, facsimile, or e-mail as noted above
to arrange for the return of any electronic mail or attachments. Thank You.