lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Gary Moore <g...@littlebunch.com>
Subject Re: Struts2 implementation
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 22:58:07 GMT
Yes, I'm injecting the service now and it works fine.   My head is not
completely around struts2 yet but there would seem to be considerable
advantage to the interceptor/plug-in approach, not the least of which is
you wouldn't have to write an action class each time you need to drop
search results on the ValueStack.   IOW, view programmers would only
need to understand a results object -- homegrown, Solr response,
whatever -- and not how to get it.

An analogous case is where each action class in my struts1 apps is
responsible for fiddling with a session breadcrumb but in struts2 I'm
using an interceptor and plugin to make the breadcrumb data
automagically available to the view.   It's really quite slick and it
would be kind of cool to expose Lucene in a similar way.   But, I've
still got a lot to learn about struts2.
-Gary

Dave Newton wrote:
> I'm not sure why an interceptor would be a good choice (or a plugin, for that matter).
If the search code is well-isolated just make it a service. Then inject it into the action
via any mechanism.