lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TimeLimitedCollector hang on, VM process doesn't die (TOMCAT)
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 13:18:59 GMT
Mani EZZAT wrote:
> Mark Miller wrote:
>> That thread will only be stopped if its interrupted. So it would appear
>> there is a not a path that leads to it being interrupted ... why that is
>> would be the next question ...
>>

> I found someone (a japanese) who had the same problem
>
> http://d.hatena.ne.jp/knaka20blue/20090608
>
> Do you think I should look at the SolR side ?

Actually, it may not be the TimeLimitedCollector thats keeping those
open. Since its a daemon thread, it shouldn't prevent shutdown even if
its not interrupted.

See that java.util.Timer way below? It's probably that. Know where it
comes from? By default they are not daemon threads, so its a likely
candidate ...

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com