lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Tricia Williams <williams.tri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: document diversity
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 17:17:33 GMT
Hi Mike,

The first thing that comes to mind is to run a query for each document
type (assuming that you have a field that stores the type) and qualify
the document type: for example type:pdf.  Then you would have to write
something to combine the query results drawing an equal number of hits
from each query result.  I think that the score would still be able to
provide you with an appropriate relevance score if you wanted to
maintain relevance order across all the hits from all document types,
but my logic could be faulty there.

Tricia