lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From DHIVYA M <dhivyakrishna...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: What is multiple indexing and how does it work in Lucene [Java]
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 06:13:23 GMT
The question is indeed wrong. Sry for the inconvenience. Actually i should have asked this
way!

Am trying out executing the demo of lucene 1.4.3.
When i run a file for the first time, the index is properly getting created.
When i run the indexing for the second time with a different file, the file "_1" , a CFS
file in the index folder is getting overwritten, i.e. i couldnt find the index created for
the previous file i used.

So kindly let me know about the cause of this problem and a solution too.

I would also be happy if anyone let me know from which version the index will be appended.

Thanks in advance.
M.Dhivya

      From cricket scores to your friends. Try the Yahoo! India Homepage! http://in.yahoo.com/trynew