lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: search problem
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:28:43 GMT
Why would you expect to get a hit on your document? There are
three distinct tokens here:
welcomlucene
welcome
lucene

Lucene searches for *matching* tokens, so searching
for the tokens 'welcome' and 'lucene' essentially asks
"are there two tokens in the document that exactly match
these?" and the answer is "no", so no hits (assuming
AND here, the OR argument is similar).

As for the wlidcard question, we'd need to see the code
to be able to help there....

You might go up on the Wiki and review tokenization to
understand this issue better.

Best
Erick