lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: singular and plural search
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 12:40:22 GMT
A little more information would help here.1> Are you using the same analyzer
at both index and query time?
2> Assuming <1> is "yes", did you re-index your data after you created this
analyzer?
3> What are the results of query.toString()? Looking at that might help you
pinpoint what's going on.
4> Have you examined your index using Luke to see if it has what you *think*
it should?
5> If all of the above doesn't do you any good, I've usually found that
writing a small, self-contained test case to illustrate the problem is a
great help. Usually, during the course of writing the test case I find the
problem. And it's usually in my code <G>. And if it's *not* in my code, a
test case provides the Lucene folks with something to work with.

The analyzer itself looks like it should do what you want on a cursory
inspection.....

Best
Erick