lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From DHIVYA M <dhivyakrishna...@yahoo.com>
Subject Exception in thread main - error
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 06:36:50 GMT
Sir/Mam,

Am M.Dhivya, learning about apache lucene [Java].

I have installed JDK-6 update 4 and NetBeans-6.5.1

I downloaded the lucene-1.9-final.zip file and followed the steps given in docs to run the
demo.

The extracted lucene-1.9-final folder from the downloaded zip file is in D:\
and the lucene-core-1.9-final.jar , lucene-demos-1.9-final.jar and src is in

D:\lucene-1.9-final\

As said i have set the classpath in environment variable PATH in System properties as,
D:\lucene-1.9-final\lucene-core-1.9-final.jar; D:\lucene-1.9-final\lucene-demos-1.9-final.jar;

Then in the command prompt i gave the command,
D:\lucene-1.9-final>java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles d:\lucene-1.9-final\src

But got the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/lucene/dem
o/IndexFiles
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles

Am  a beginner just started to learn about lucene by my own interest after knowing about
its value. But now am scared as the things are totally blind for me. I went in through all
the forums but couldnt find the solution. I couldnt find out where am missing or my procedure
to run lucene demo is wrong. Kindly let me know a solution for which am struggling for past
one week.

Thanks in advance
 M.Dhivya